Saturday, December 22, 2007

Day Nine - Tossing Kids Around

Short note. In the pool today there was a Father and Daughter having a total party together. He was pushing 35+ she was 5+, a perfect pair. He was lifting her above his head, she was stretching her arms to the sky, and with a hefty shove the little angel took to flight. Over and over again, she fell into the deluge and came up laughing.

She kept exclaiming mind provoking phrases. Dad, I see a molecule, look, right there. I hit the bottom with my head, do it again. That one gave me a wedgie. My head hit again, keep doing. I struggled to keep my own giggles from becoming explosive. At one point the Father looked at me and said "This is one of the few times you can get away with throwing your kids around."

I survived another day. I felt so good at the end of my hour that I decided to keep splashing for a while. That's me, push, push, push, always. It was a recipe for success in my youth. Ever since my accident it seems like the formula for self controlled failure. Seems like I push so hard that my pain climbs out of control. I have been trying to keep myself in check this time. Today I went too far and ended up dripping wet, cold, and sobbing in the dressing room.


Do you want a mini tour of the swimming area? I could not show the dressing room, the management does not allow filming there for some reason. :)

1 comment:

Dan Ciranny said...

Gosh, not only are you a great writer, but a pretty dang good cinematographer, too.

Merry Christmas, Miles.

Dan