Friday, December 28, 2007

Day Ten - At Last

It was a wonderful Christmas and the following days were thrilling and a challenge. As I entered the week I was already struggling because of the increased physical activity. Then, by taking the kids to the mainland, two times, I was ready to sleep for a week.

When I woke this morning I took care of a few things, very few, and went back for more rest. Eventually I was able to rise. I stretched out the kinks and spent the morning with Bryce. Hollie is spending a few days with other family. Bryce & I enjoyed Final Fantasy VII, taking turns reading the character conversations. I am amazed at the technology in the PS3 (Play station Three). When I was younger we were overjoyed with the new game called "Pong." Then when my kids were kids, we bought nearly every game machine that came out. Or at least my check book told me I had.

As I reflect on my youth I was a comic book reader. I loved Superman, Batman, and other super hero's. I was influenced, for example, by the value/belief system that Superman had. In a way I think I tried to emulate some of his self control and integrity. In a kids way, with understandable mistakes. Now, looking at the main characters of the Final Fantasy VII game, I see that they also have a set of values that can influence the judgment and choices of this generation. At least some game manufacturers seem to understand that need and potential for positive influence.

When I got to Island Athletic I was unsure if I could actually undertake the physical demands. I changed my clothes, showered, and headed to the moisture. Within 15 minutes I wanted to give up, I looked at Dad, who was doing his water walking, his determination helped me continue. On a scale of 1 - 10, since I have done 10 workouts, this is my 9th most challenging. I lasted an hour. WOW, I made it, I kept my commitment. What a powerful feeling, I may be tired but I followed through. All I have to worry about now is finishing the day. I'll worry about tomorrow when it is today.

1 comment:

Eagle Maiden said...

June of 2006 - Superman Returns - he is SWIMMING on the movie poster. See if you can print it out and put it on your wall for inspiration. Go Miles!