Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Day Ten - Not Yet

Today is the 25th. I have not been able to go swimming since Saturday. Sunday the Lord give me off. Monday, my kids, Hollie & Bryce arrived. They will be with me until Jan 3rd. Tuesday we spent on the "mainland," which is so named by those of us who live on Whidbey Island. The four of us (Me, Hollie, Bryce, and a friend of his) went to an early movie, shopping, lunch, traffic, lines, more traffic, lines, and a ferry ride home to the island. No room in the schedule for my personal health goals.

Wednesday, Christmas, of course. I checked the pool schedule and they decided to take the day off for their own families. So, I did the same. The kids, Grandparents, and I, made a mess on the living room floor. Tape, wrapping slivers, and cookie crumbs galore. I got some wonderful slippers, they feel like cloud pillows.

I doubt that tomorrow will work out either. I need to take the kids to the mainland again. I think I am starting to experience withdrawals. My big concern is that making a life changing habit is difficult. It gets even harder when interrupted early in the process. Life cannot be allowed to get in the way too many times before the effort is lost and desire slowly becomes a wish then fades into the shadows. I hope to get back at the pool by the 27th.

5 comments:

Earth said...

Hi Miles,

Although I did not have the opportunity to personally meet you, I am encouraged and very excited about your progress and your story. I work at IAC as a personal trainer, and I know it is very difficult to try to make lasting changes in our lives. I lost 130 pounds and have 30 more to go. I am working to become as healthy as possible at age 49, and want to continue to change my eating habits as well. There are many fears for me. I look forward to meeting you. Keep up the good work. You are doing a fantastic job. Kimmie

KM in Utah said...

Merry Christmas Miles,

It's me , Kenda Machorro from Utah again.

I have to agree with Kimmie! I am proud if you too. It is not easy to stick to a program and make permenant changes in our lives!!

You are an inspiration to us all.

Through all of the challenges of life, you are choosing change!!

Sticking to it is one of the hardest of all. I am proud of you!!

Keep up all the good work! It will pay off!!

I will try to follow your example and make change for myself also.

Again, Merry Christmas and a very Happy HEALTHY New Year!!!

Kenda Machorro

islandgrrl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
islandgrrl said...

Hi Miles,

Like Kimmie, I have not yet had the pleasure of meeting you. I certainly look forward to it, though! You've made an exciting and wonderful commitment to your self and your health, and I think that's just awesome! Keep up the hard work - it's so worth it! Best - hilde (NOT a supermodel!)

Eagle Maiden said...

Hi Miles

Mom is visiting from Utah. She went to the pool this morning. I thought of you. She looks better than I do in a suit! She told me to tell you to keep it up, she says swimming has changed her life and it's helping her cope with the loss of Boyd. Love and big hugs to you and yours, Cuz Deb