Saturday, December 15, 2007

Day Three - Saturday & Fun

I told Dad that I was going to swim today and he said he wanted to join me. Cool, I get to have someone else face the fear with me. We use his car, it is a shorter walk from the house, nice break for my already tired legs.

Dad helps me out by taking some pictures that I can use in the blog. He does pretty good too, only cut my head off a few times, ouch. Let me get a band aid before I continue. Actually he did great and I appreciate his help. Thanks, Dad, I love you.

We swapped keys with the super model at the front counter, hmm a new one, but skinny. I don't even want to look around, my fear is high enough as it is.

The water seemed a little colder. I think they must have a temperature set back at the end of the day or something. It might just be the air was colder because the sun was going down. Or it could have just been my imagination.

As I did my bobbing and kicking I actually try small talk with one or two people. This is a stretch for me since I have been so introverted these last few years. No one bites me or even barks, hmm was all that fear in my mind? Amazing how strange and fearsome things get cooked up in our grey matter when we are alone and miserable.

Wow an entire hour over already. I make my way to the stairs and take on gravity again. Man oh man it was hard this time. I almost felt like giving up.



No comments: