Thursday, January 10, 2008

Day 14.5 - Still Sick

I'm still sick. Nope, I am not getting cold feet, just a cold in me nose. After consulting with the powers that be, (Mom & Dad) I realize that it is a good idea to give my body time to regain it's strength. I have actually been missing the water, the soreness, and the tiredness. I am looking forward to getting back on track as soon as I can. In the mean time I'll keep smiling, or at least thinking one step at a time.

Today, my Father went to the pool to do his work out. He put on his suit, showered, and walked to the pool, then he realized that the facility was reserved for the swim team. He had to get dressed and go home disappointed. I give him 5 stars for going! What was even more exciting, Ginny, Dad's beautiful spouse, spent some time on the work out machines. I am excited. I feel like I have companions with me in my quest. It almost feels like a group effort.



As each person sets a personal commitment for personal improvement it becomes real, one step at a time. And the strength of the Couch Potato Brigade weakens.




I was just looking at the comments and there is a new one. "Eagle Maiden" just wrote that she is on day three at her gym. That is exciting. I am looking forward to hearing back from her and cheering her on as she reaches, 10 days, 15, and more. Keep it up Deb, I love you.



I wonder who will be next to start doing 1 hour a day 5 - 6 times a week? What does not matter. It could be splashing in the pool, riding on a stationary bike, using a treadmill, walking around the block, running the track, rowing a boat, jumping rope, hopping a pogo stick, or flipping on a trampoline. What does not matter, just doing anything is the key to health, happiness, and the golden ring.

1 comment:

Janice said...

I'm kind of wondering who the 'sofa spuds' are?