Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day 24.1 - Grumble, Grumble

Grumble, grumble, I was only able to do 1/2 of a workout today. There was a problem that caused me to have to quit early. It happens to everyone, why should I escape the challenges of life. Wish I could, well...perhaps not, I don't know if living in a dream world is really worth it or not. Life's challenges give us the opportunity to grow, learn, and improve. If everything is perfect, where would the stimulus to change come from?

I am feeling grumpy tonight, so I have been hiding out and avoiding people. I prefer to be silent versus letting my pain and grumpiness do the talking. After a good night's sleep, a back rub from my personal masseuse, brunch in New York, and a nice ride in my limo, I'll feel just fine. Wait a moment, I guess I'll have to let reality poke it's head in. I'll rephrase that list with what really happens. After getting through the night, scratching my back on the door jamb, figuring out what to eat in the morning, and catching a ride with Dad to Island Athletic, I should do OK.

As for now. I've finished 24 workout's, I'm still here, I'm looking forward to tomorrow. I guess everything is going according to the plan. Sounds like an accomplishment to me, I'll take it!

No comments: