Thursday, January 24, 2008

Day 24.2 - Addendum

Grumble, grumble, the words used to describe my original Blog entry for today. That is a fine description of my feelings. I went and started my workout today and ended up quitting 1/2 way through. At first I was not sure if I really wanted to talk about what happened, so I did a small Blog entry. I have reconsidered and decided to provide a brief description of the events from my perspective.

Brooke, asked us to move out of the swimming lanes, I think she felt caught in the middle. My problem, there was no where else to go, someone was already swimming in the other places and in walked the Physical Therapy people so the kid area was reserved for them. I started getting grumpy and decided that I had better leave before I had to apologize to the entire world.



Before leaving, I had a collision of words with another patron. He decided that Dad & I should leave the lane because it was for swimming laps and Dad’s walking and my walking/swimming did not fit his idea of allowed use for the “reserved lanes.” I suggested that he use the other lane and share with the person who was also swimming, he refused. I think what was really going on is he wanted the lane because it was his favorite and he was being a jerk, using some strange rule to get what he wanted. Or he could have been so rigid in his thinking and decided that it was his responsibility to order the pool around to his preferred format. He made a statement that he had been there for eight years and that is how things have always been.

Here is a graphic to illustrate the situation. Dad & I are indicated by Yellow. The swimmers are light and dark green. Physical Therapy - Therapist and Patient are purple. The man who I called a jerk is Red. Oh, Brooke is Pink.

No comments: